“…riveting mystery [and] intense page turner that never lets up.”
—Library Journal, starred review and Pick of the Month
Blonde. Beautiful. A loving mother.
And missing since Monday.
On a sunny morning in late September, Shannon Blaine, a wife and mother of two, set off for a jog along the roads near her home in Lake George, New York. It was her usual a.m. routine after dropping the kids at school…except on this day she never returned. Is her husband lying when he says he has no idea where she is? Could Shannon have split on her own, overwhelmed by the pressures of life? Or is she the victim of a sexual predator?
True crime writer Bailey Weggins heads north from New York City to report on the mysterious disappearance. An anonymous tip soon leads her to a grisly, bone-chilling discovery. Every town has its secrets, Bailey reminds herself, and nothing is ever as perfect as it seems. She keeps digging for answers until she unearths the stunning and terrifying truth.
Kate White is the New York Times bestselling author of thirteen novels of suspense: eight Bailey Weggins mysteries, including Such a Perfect Wife, and five psychological thrillers, including The Secrets You Keep.
Kate has written 13 mysteries and thrillers. Browse through her works and find your new favorite.
- Kate’s next suspense novel, Such a Perfect Wife, is on sale now!
- Kate shares the three things her Cosmo years taught her about writing mysteries. Read the article on Bookish
- May 7: The Corner Bookstore – 1313 Madison Avenue, New York City, 6:00 p.m.
- May 8: RJ Julia – Madison, CT, 6:00 p.m.
- May 10: The Doylestown Bookshop – Doylestown, PA, 7:00 p.m.
- May 15: Crandall Library – Glens Falls, NY, 6:30 p.m.
- May 21: Girls Inc. luncheon – Tampa, FL, 11:30 a.m.
- May 23: Ferguson Library with suspense authors Lynne Constantine and Wendy Walker, Stamford, CT, 6:30 p.m.
- June 6: Hoboken Library – Hoboken, NJ, 6:30 p.m.
June 27: The BookMark Shoppe – Brooklyn, NY, 7:00 p.m.