“…riveting mystery [and] intense page turner that never lets up.”
—Library Journal, starred review and Pick of the Month
Blonde. Beautiful. A loving mother.
And missing since Monday.
On a sunny morning in late September, Shannon Blaine, a wife and mother of two, set off for a jog along the roads near her home in Lake George, New York. It was her usual a.m. routine after dropping the kids at school…except on this day she never returned. Is her husband lying when he says he has no idea where she is? Could Shannon have split on her own, overwhelmed by the pressures of life? Or is she the victim of a sexual predator?
True crime writer Bailey Weggins heads north from New York City to report on the mysterious disappearance. An anonymous tip soon leads her to a grisly, bone-chilling discovery. Every town has its secrets, Bailey reminds herself, and nothing is ever as perfect as it seems. She keeps digging for answers until she unearths the stunning and terrifying truth.
Kate White is the New York Times bestselling author of thirteen novels of suspense: eight Bailey Weggins mysteries, including Such a Perfect Wife, and five psychological thrillers, including The Secrets You Keep.
Kate has written 13 mysteries and thrillers. Browse through her works and find your new favorite.
- Watch Kate on The Today Show sharing gutsy tips from The Gutsy Girl Handbook. Watch here
- How to nail a meeting. Check out Kate’s advice on Refinery 29
- “The Key to Writing Killer Suspense” — Check out Kate’s feature on The Big Thrill
- Kate is so honored to be listed as one of the amazing Karin Slaughter’s favorite crime writers in this article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Listen to Kate’s conversation with Inside Thrill Radio and the two authors of The Other Mrs. Parrish